The Student Room Group

Not writing down question number...

Hey all,
I sat Higher Drama today and had a pretty fabulous paper all told. However, when I got home, I realised that I'm pretty certain I forgot to put down the number of the questions I answered. :eek:
Does anybody know whether this will have an effect on my grade or not? If so what effect?
Please help cos I'm absolutely panicking now :eek: :frown:
Reply 1
I would think that it's only a slight annoyance for the examiner marking it. Anyone with some common sense should manage. Maybe...
it won't affect yr grade- i really do hope! i forgot to put the questions on my sociology exm as well!
Reply 3
It's certainly very clear what questions I answered. Thankfully I've always been pretty decent about writing introductions. It's just I want to know if there is a specific rule covering it.
Reply 4
Nope, without a doubt, they'll still mark it!
Reply 5
If they refuse to mark it, that would be an incredibly stingy examiner- and one I wouldn't want marking my paper again. I'm sure it will be fine :smile: :hugs:
Reply 6
{huggles glance}
We're always told to sweeten up the examiners by writing question numbers, writing neatly, not going into margins, etc. cos they've got so many papers to mark in so little time and they're already grumpy by the time they get to your paper. I immediately phoned my friend who also sat the paper, and he thinks we're told to write down the question just to keep the markers happy, but my mum's initial reaction was "They'll think you just answered the first question and mark it as such"
Your marker will probably know your paper inside out, and will instantly recognise what question you were answering - also, I don't know if they're allowed to penalise you for an 'administrative' error.

I'm pretty sure I didn't write what question I did last year for Higher English, and I still got an A, so precedent is on your side too!

I'm sure it will be fine!
Reply 8
Thanks WFH? :smile: I got my mum to speak to her English teacher friend last night, and she says as long as it's clear what question I answered I'm fine. So I'm a little bit calmer now :biggrin:
Thanks everyone for your help :smile:
At least you got better advice here than you did on another forum!
Reply 10
Hehe! I was quite amused to go back and find that thread closed :biggrin: However, it meant I didn't get a chance to thank you for your help, so thank you :wink:
Yeh, I think we have banned the guy that was messing you about, he was annoying other people as well. Someone shouted at me when I told him to leave you alone as well!
Reply 12
I noticed that :eek: Touchy!
He (I assume it's a he) seems to have been a bit of a pain in other threads as well so I guess you can do without that :smile:
Reply 13
On a positive note

The prat has left the building

Latest