The Student Room Group

What do you think you're going to get?

being realistic and not overly pessimistic (no you're not going to get U's in everything unless you didn't turn up for the exams xD)

what grades do you think you're going to get.

for me ,I hope mine will be

I.C.T-Pass (i know i have this one already because it was all coursework based,a pass is equivelent to a c ,I think)
English Language- C (i got a B in my mock exam ,yet they put me on foundation ,so getting the C shouldn't be a problem really)
English Literature- C
Maths - C(*fingers crossed* , i thought the maths exams were fairly easy)
Science-C(I already have a c for my biology I did in year 10, so as long as I get a c in one of the other exams I'm fine.)
R.E Core- A-A* (I find the R.E exams dead easy tbh,i wish i hadn't dropped the full R.E course for S.E.N class because i thought it was boring, I should of dropped history tbh but there's no turning back now)
Media Studies-B
French-D
Drama-B or A(depending on how well my exam went)
History-F-D (i failed that exam ,so i'm not really hoping to much)

and i'm getting money for every exam i pass to
my mum said it was
£25 for a C, £50 for a B, £75 for an A, and 100 for an A*
so hopefully if I do well
I'll finally be able to afford the 450D i've wanted for ages.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I saw a post like this in the A level board so I thought I'd post one here since I didn't see one. There's really no need to be rude.
IJI147
then you're wrong
seeing as i'm a gcse student and i don't care :p:

and besides this is TSR, OP should be ashamed of her results lol

Some GCSE students care. It's not your place to tell other people what they should care about, and frankly insulting people on their predicted GCSE grades is about the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. Be quiet, and let the thread run without being derailed.
Reply 3
Why should i be ashamed of my predicted results
yes they're not all a's/a* and no I'm not going to pass every single exam but if I get what i'm predicted then i'll get into college to do A-Levels and that's good enough for me.
Reply 4
@Jo_Ellen

my mum said it was

I am feeling slightly jealous now.
:sadnod:
Reply 5
knowing my mum though she'll say she only offered me a tenner for an A and that I must be going crazy xD
Reply 6
Last year I predicted my grades after I took the exams, and I predicted them 100% correct. So much for 'you always do better than you think'.
Reply 7
English Lan: B
English Lit: D/E
Maths : D
Science :A
History:A
Child Development:A/B
R.E:C
Citizenship:C
ICT:C
ICT: AA - already know
Science: A/B
Maths: A
Geography: A/b
Textiles: B/C/fail
French: B/C/fail
Art: AA maybe A*A*
RS: A/B/don't really care.
English lang: B/C/D
English Lit: B/C/D

English it's either hit or miss for me, either I did really well and got a B or C or I flunked in the exam and got a D.
Textiles & French I think I did okay, but then I did mess up some of the exams so it's either hit or miss again.

As for money - jack squat.

My friend has the 450D :tongue:
Reply 9
@Jo_Ellen
Why should i be ashamed of my predicted results
yes they're not all a's/a* and no I'm not going to pass every single exam but if I get what i'm predicted then i'll get into college to do A-Levels and that's good enough for me.

I like how you think. GOOD LUCK :biggrin:
Reply 10
LOL

High rep guy on a rampage watch out.

Tbh, even if some people do care, they want to care about their own results? Simply this is a nosey thread, only leading to some hoarding it over others. Plus there are already so many thread on this, why make another?
If i were god...id jinx you all!!

MUAHHAHAH!!
Reply 12
Well herres a realistic evaluation of my results:

Maths: A*
English Lang/Lit: A/B in both.
Engineering: B
Electronics: A/B
ICT: AA
Chemistry: B
Core Science: B
Geography: A
Business: A*
Citizenship: A
Purple Rain
GCSE students care...about other people's grades? And not even just other people's grades, just what they THINK their grades are going to be?

Come on, what could be more pointless than that. GCSE students should just relax, what will be will be. Scrutinising your results, trying to think back to how you did in the exam and giving yourself a grade is just going to stress you out.

As is starting threads like this and watching everyone put 'ooh, I think I got this in Maths, it was so easy' when you thought it was really hard. I just don't think these threads are constructive at all.

And then reading how much cash people are going to get from their results? Well that's nice, but there's no need to brag about it.

I think I'm going to start a relax-and-stop-thinking-about-results-until-the-day thread.

I think perhaps it would be a good idea for you to relax. Never before have I seen someone get so uptight over one of these GCSE threads. Calm down before you put a fist through your computer screen.
Reply 14
I would've thought this is the stuff you talk about with REAL FRIENDS
that's what everyone i know appears to do

and besides what could you possibly gain out of seeing what other people THINK they MIGHT have gotten? :confused:

why not just post your crap on one of the many other threads here ?
Piggy's Glasses
I think perhaps it would be a good idea for you to relax. Never before have I seen someone get so uptight over one of these GCSE threads. Calm down before you put a fist through your computer screen.

I'm perfectly calm, thank you. I'm just fed up of seeing threads like this (and I know I'm not the only one). They're a waste of space with virtually no benefit to anyone else and cause nothing but panic and potential disappointment. Fair enough if you want to broadcast your results, but results that don't exist, only in your mind? I just think that's pretty ridiculous.
Reply 16
@Jo_Ellen
i'm getting money for every exam i pass to
my mum said it was

:eek: I wish I had such arrangements with my mum when I was young OMG, so not fair :p: :woo:
Purple Rain
I'm perfectly calm, thank you. I'm just fed up of seeing threads like this (and I know I'm not the only one). They're a waste of space with virtually no benefit to anyone else and cause nothing but panic and potential disappointment. Fair enough if you want to broadcast your results, but results that don't exist, only in your mind? I just think that's pretty ridiculous.

You're very funny.

This is the GCSE forum. What do you expect? Stay away from it in future if you don't want to see people with nothing better to do waffling on about their results. Simples.

Oh and I suggest you take a look:

Click here

:wink:
Purple Rain

And the fact that you took your time to explain why this thread is "pathetic" in your opinion is as pathetic as the original opinion in the first place... it's a GCSE forum and it's nearing results day - and as for your "waste of space" comment, the forum isn't a room :/ there's plenty of space for various threads. If you do not like it then don't click and take your business elsewhere.

@Jo_Ellen

and i'm getting money for every exam i pass to
my mum said it was

Lucky :biggrin: My mum said 10 quid for A*s, 5 for A's and 1 for B's. LOL. How cheap is she :P

I think I got:

Physics - A* (know)
Chemistry - A/A*
Biology - A/A*
Maths - B/A/A*
English Lang - D :/
English Lit - D :/
History - B/A
German - B/A
I.C.T - A*A* (know, but my vary depending on moderation)
R.S. - A*
Drama - B/A
Statistics - B
Business Studies - A*

... could be worse :/ knowing my luck it probably is..
Reply 19
English lit- A*
English lang- A*
Maths- B/C
Core Science A* (got this last year)
Additional Science- A
ICT- pass
History- A
Spanish- A/B
Geography- B/C

And I'd be pretty happy with that :p:

Latest