The Grecian!

I'm sure I've heard that name before. Enlighten me :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
El Pollo Diablo
I'm sure I've heard that name before. Enlighten me :smile:

The kebab house under the arches that does a 12" pizza and garlic bread or chips for a fiver. Fantastic place :smile:
Reply 22
Peter_E
The kebab house under the arches that does a 12" pizza and garlic bread or chips for a fiver. Fantastic place :smile:

Sounds like it could be a regular haunt next year :biggrin:
Need to find ourselves a good local too. Plenty to try out :smile:
Reply 23
El Pollo Diablo
Sounds like it could be a regular haunt next year :biggrin:
Need to find ourselves a good local too. Plenty to try out :smile:

The Hobgoblin up the road is a good one. It's a UWE stronghold though, so don't annoy anyone then mention you're a UoB student :wink:

The chinese on the other corner, New Happy Garden, is also brilliant.
Reply 24
Peter_E
The Hobgoblin up the road is a good one. It's a UWE stronghold though, so don't annoy anyone then mention you're a UoB student :wink:

The chinese on the other corner, New Happy Garden, is also brilliant.

Cheers, I'll remember them.
Reply 25
El Pollo Diablo
Basically the guy was going on holiday the next day, so we drove out to meet him halfway (he lives out in Somerset).

We're paying £245 per month, for a 5 bed terrace in Cotham, about 15 minutes from the uni. It's close to the Arches at the bottom of Gloucester Road, which has got plenty of pubs/restaurants/takeaways/shops etc. We get 4 double rooms (one of which I get, although I don't have much use for it at the moment :biggrin:) and one smaller single (we're paying the guy in that room a bit more). Separate lounge and kitchen, both decent sized. All the usual gubbins, including washing machine and tumble drier. And its got a big pink front door.

that is soo jammy. ours is about 300 (give or take depending on single or double) in high kingsdown. rip off or what!!!
Reply 26
to soon to be freshers - don't stress bout houses. it's still possible to find a good deal late on. the only reason i'd suggest looking early is if you know you want to be in a big or oddly sized group (as in 7 or 8 or 9 or more) - there aren't many properties of that size around. we wanted to live in an eight but had to split up into two fours. although actually what we ended up with is cool, only five minutes away from woodlands rd.
susiemakemeblue
I know being Freshers we're mostly concerned with which hall we want to go to in the first year, but it occurred to me that by this time next year we'll hopefully all have organised where to live in the 2nd year, and who with! :eek: It's a scary thought!

I can't imagine knowing anyone well enough after just one term to know whether you want to live with them in a house or not! Do most people find this quite hard?

Also, can any current students give an opinion on what the student housing is like in Bristol, or better still, provide a link?

Hi! i'm about to start my 2nd yr doing law at bristol... housing is generally quite nice in bristol, the rooms are a pretty decent size in all the halls. stoke bishop is literally a 45 minute walk - down a steep hill! it's no fun climbing it at 5pm after a day of lectures! I was in clifton hill house, which is really close to lectures so i loved that. goldney is absolutely gorgeous but SO hard to get into. whats nice is that all halls have a really communal feel, so no matter where u go i guarantee u'll love it...
as for 2nd year housing, it is a scary and daunting thought! people generally start deciding who they want to live with jus after the xmas hols, so u've had a few months to figure out who your friends are. i started looking pretty early so i found a really nice place wit some other girls, but its harder if u look later. think carefully about wat kind of house u want to have, and therefore which kind of ppl u want to share with. but dont stress about it too much - people often live wit those on their floor so it all works out eventually. i suppose it is hard to take that step but by that time most ppl have figured out their cliques - tho i must warn u a friend of mine just fell out wit all her flatmates so next year is going to be hell for her! good luck, enjoy bristol!

Latest

Trending

Trending