The Student Room Group
Reply 1
khadija5
what kind of topics come up alot ?
I haven't had a chance to look to at any past paper yet

In paper 1, all 8 topics come up, but you can chose from a choice of 2 in 2 of the questions, i.e. you only have to answer questions on 6 of the topics; 4 compulsory questions, 2 from a choice. Which are compulsory changes each year so you have to know each topic.

Topics are;

Physical
Atmosphere (global warming, ocean currents, etc.)
Lithosphere (glaciation, limestone, coasts)
Hydrosphere (water; rivers, hydrographs)
Biosphere (Soil, sand dunes)

Human
Population
Urban
Industry
(all quite similar to SG)
Rural (3 systems, different to SG)

Paper 2 you answer two of six extended questions based on the topics your teacher chooses, but the questions are roughly the same every year.
I did rural land resources and development and health, which are the most popular.
Reply 2
Atmosphere comes up too, a lot of people find it the hardest unit but questions and fairly similar in structure and evolves around ocean currents, insolation, heat budget, atmospheric circulation, ITCZ etc. These sub topics would be in either compulsory or choice section.

Rural is another area in the Human Environment section, it's basically on farming systems (shifting cultivation, intensive peasant, extensive, green revolution). Here you would have to know all types to be safe but again really similar topic questions come up.

Once you get a look at the past papers you will see the repetition in topics as there is only so much that can be asked, the problem is knowing it all as it's a hefty work load and timing is pushed :frown:
Reply 3
rosie9391
Atmosphere comes up too, a lot of people find it the hardest unit but questions and fairly similar in structure and evolves around ocean currents, insolation, heat budget, atmospheric circulation, ITCZ etc. These sub topics would be in either compulsory or choice section.

Rural is another area in the Human Environment section, it's basically on farming systems (shifting cultivation, intensive peasant, extensive, green revolution). Here you would have to know all types to be safe but again really similar topic questions come up.

Once you get a look at the past papers you will see the repetition in topics as there is only so much that can be asked, the problem is knowing it all as it's a hefty work load and timing is pushed :frown:

Hehe I forgot about rural and atmosphere:o: Guess that year and a bit since higher geog is starting to show now:p:
Reply 4
akj08
Hehe I forgot about rural and atmosphere:o: Guess that year and a bit since higher geog is starting to show now:p:

You got the rest though :p: I was sure you done AH :s-smilie:
Reply 5
rosie9391
You got the rest though :p: I was sure you done AH :s-smilie:

I did:p:
Reply 6
akj08
I did:p:

Thought so :p: I read it as you hadn't done Geography since higher!

Latest

Trending

Trending