- Application deadline: Applications open in September.
- Starting salaries: Competitive
- Regions: Various, including European placements
- Industries: Energy, Finance, Technology
- Website: http://www.ge.com/uk/
- Email: N/A
- Telephone: N/A
- Address: N/A
What is General Electric?
General Electric is a global finance, infrastructure and media company that works hard to tackle daily challenges and improve lives. They work on a range of products, from light bulbs, to more efficient jet engines, and has been at the forefront of worldwide innovations for over 130 years. It serves customers in more than 100 countries across the world, and employs more than 300,000 people. GE is the only company included in the Dow Jones index that was included in the original index in 1896.
What roles are available at General Electric?
Engineering; Finance; IT; Manufacturing/Operations; Sales & Marketing.
Application process for General Electric.
Entry requirements and type of person suited for General Electric.
- Engineering - Applicants for the Engineering programme must have a passion for technology, strong analytical, problem solving and communiation skills. They must have a good degree classification in an engineering related subject. Relevent internship or experience is an advantage.
- Finance - Excellent academic performance and a demonstrated interest or competency in finance are essential. GE states that applicants for this course should have less than 1 year's work experience, and be able to travel fully across Europe as placements in other countries are definite.
- IT - A minimum of a four year IT, Computer Science, Business or Engineering degree is required, as is geographic mobility.
- Manufacturing/Operations - A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Chemical Engineering is preferred. Candidates should have good business acumen, an analytical approach, strong interpersonal and communication skills, good leadership skills, commitment to an engineering career and previous experience or internship.
- Sales and Marketing - An Engineering degree is preferred, with a good classification. GE states applicants should have less than 2 years work experience, and geographic mobility. A second language fluency is beneficial.
Future prospects and training at General Electric.
GE's training programmes mix direct on the job experience with a number of formal courses, meaning graduates get the experience, technical skills and business expertise needed to forge a successful career in this forward thinking company. Graduates will be aided at all stages of the training period by an experienced mentor who will collaborate with and guide graduates in their new responsibilities.
Other comments about General Electric.
If you have applied to General Electric, we would like you to hear from you. Please use the following form to detail your experiences of application, to aid those interested in following a similar career path.
Position applied for:
Year of Application:
What were your experiences of the application process?
What is it like working for General Electric?
How has it compared to your expectations?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Finally, any advice you would give to potential applicants?