- Application deadline: Opens September 1st for 2010 entry.
- Starting salaries: Very competitive
- Regions: Mostly London; some European opportunities
- Industries: Technology, Consultancy, Finance
- Website: http://thomsonreuters.com/
- Email: N/A
- Telephone: General Enquiries: 020 7250 1122
- Address: Main London Office:
180 Wardour Street
See here for a full list of UK locations.
What is Reuters?
Thomson Reuters is a world leading organisation offering business advice and consultancy in a number of key areas, such as the financial, legal and science sectors. It provides its clients with innovative solutions and industry expertise to solve their business needs.
What roles are available at Reuters?
Reuters runs schemes in: Business, Journalism, Professional Sales, Technology.
Application process for Reuters.
Apply online when intake reopens. See relevant programme link here for application details.
Entry requirements and type of person suited for Reuters.
- Business Graduate Programme - A good degree in any subject, good communication skills and web literacy, ideally a second language speaker, with a keen financial interest, good analytical skills and creativity. Preference given to degrees in business-related subjects, business administration, economics, computer sciences/IT, entrepreneurship.
- Journalism Graduate Programme - A 2:1 or above in any discipline is required, as well as evidence of of passion for journalism, either at school, university, or local/national tv/newspaper/radio. Interest in financial markets is essential, as is fluency in another language.
- Professional Sales - Excellent team working skills and self motivation are essential for this role.
- Technology Graduate Programme - A 2:1 or equivalent in Computer Science or a related degree, though other degrees are considered provided graduates demonstrate a passion for IT. No language requirements.
Future prospects and training at Reuters.
- Business Graduate Programme - This scheme that runs between 2 and 3 years features three placements of between six and twelve months, and 18 months in a customer facing role. On the job learning and formal development programmes run simultaneously to prepare graduates for a business career. A number of roles are available to graduates on completion.
- Journalism Graduate Programme - This one year scheme aims to teach graduates all the skills they require for a journalism career in the financial sector. This is followed by another one year trainee placement. International opportunities are available to successful trainees.
- Professional Sales - An extensive training programme is in place to equip graduates with all the relevant skills to build a career in sales. Graduates can earn six-figure salaries in around 2 to 3 years, with minimum travel.
- Technology Graduate Programme - This two year course equips graduates with a wide range of business and industry specific experience to prepare them for a career in IT. Placements run alongside formal training courses to develop relevant personal and technical skills. For six months in the second year graduates will be placed in a location outside of the UK. Graduates can rise to leadership and management roles.
- Mentoring systems are in place for all roles.
Other comments about Reuters.
If you have applied to Reuters, we would like you to hear from you. Please use the following form to detail your experiences of application, to aid those interested in following a similar career path.
Position applied for:
Year of Application:
What were your experiences of the application process?
What is it like working for Reuters?
How has it compared to your expectations?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Finally, any advice you would give to potential applicants?