• Personal Statement:Criminology 1

TSR Wiki > University > Applying to University > Personal Statement Library > Criminology 1

Contents

Criminology Personal Statement

I am interested in studying Criminology, This is because I'm fascinated by Topics like why/what people commit crime, Drugs and Society, and in fact all aspects of crime interest me. Various career options attract me including Probation, and Criminal Psychology. The courses I have chosen are BSc (Hons) Criminology and Criminal Justice, and BSc (Hons) Psychology and Criminology. I know that I'll have to work hard to gain a Degree but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes, I work well under pressure. I have chosen Portsmouth university primarily because of the reputation its Criminology Department has, and also my partner is currently doing a degree at Portsmouth as are many of my friends so I know a lot about student life at Portsmouth

I can apply experience and personal skills gained in a variety of working and personal environments

I am finding the Access course very exciting, I love all the subjects, and it seems one subject would cease to exist without the other

I am particularly enjoying Sociology, as I was sixteen the last time I studied it, now I feel like I have a greater understanding of the subject. Psychology is a topic I have always followed

I'm enjoying Law, its such a diverse subject but I especially like Criminal law, the debates we have in the classroom really get me energized

I enjoy reading about crime; I am currently reading a book called Hunting Humans; which is various profiles of serial killers. I am an inquisitive person and also very suspicious, I tend to read between the lines, so its not surprising I love Psychological thrillers like"Seven" and "Silence of the Lambs"

My leisure interests include visiting the gym 2/3 times a week, Socialising and when I get time I love browsing in charity shops for bargains. I have done some voluntary work when I was 17/18, with a youth club where I was training as a young youth worker and I went on residential and an exchange to Italy. I realised then that I wanted to work closely with people.

University Choices

• University of Cambridge - A*A*A* - Offer - Accepted
  • University of Oxford - A*AA - Offer - Insurance
  • Yale University - AAA - Offer - Declined
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology - A*A*A*A* - Offer - Declined

A Level Results

• Dance - C
  • Law - D
  • Photography - D
  • Critical Thinking - U

Honestly thought I'd done so badly, turns out I exceeded and was accepted into Cambridge to do Criminology with Photography! I was allowed to choose both Oxford and Cambridge because my GCSE Results (BBCCCCCCDEEU) were the best they've seen in years.

Please tell me that this personal statement is a joke...

Try Learn together, TSR's study area

34,001
revision notes

37,354
mindmaps

36,743
crosswords

14,716
quizzes

create
a study planner

thousands
of discussions

Today on TSR

Don't be a half-term hermit

How to revise this week and still have a life

Poll
What's your biggest deadly sin?