Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
  • Personal Statement:Criminology 1

TSR Wiki > University > Applying to University > Personal Statement Library > Criminology 1

Contents

Criminology Personal Statement

I am interested in studying Criminology, This is because I'm fascinated by Topics like why/what people commit crime, Drugs and Society, and in fact all aspects of crime interest me. Various career options attract me including Probation, and Criminal Psychology. The courses I have chosen are BSc (Hons) Criminology and Criminal Justice, and BSc (Hons) Psychology and Criminology. I know that I'll have to work hard to gain a Degree but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes, I work well under pressure. I have chosen Portsmouth university primarily because of the reputation its Criminology Department has, and also my partner is currently doing a degree at Portsmouth as are many of my friends so I know a lot about student life at Portsmouth

I can apply experience and personal skills gained in a variety of working and personal environments

I am finding the Access course very exciting, I love all the subjects, and it seems one subject would cease to exist without the other

I am particularly enjoying Sociology, as I was sixteen the last time I studied it, now I feel like I have a greater understanding of the subject. Psychology is a topic I have always followed

I'm enjoying Law, its such a diverse subject but I especially like Criminal law, the debates we have in the classroom really get me energized

I enjoy reading about crime; I am currently reading a book called Hunting Humans; which is various profiles of serial killers. I am an inquisitive person and also very suspicious, I tend to read between the lines, so its not surprising I love Psychological thrillers like"Seven" and "Silence of the Lambs"

My leisure interests include visiting the gym 2/3 times a week, Socialising and when I get time I love browsing in charity shops for bargains. I have done some voluntary work when I was 17/18, with a youth club where I was training as a young youth worker and I went on residential and an exchange to Italy. I realised then that I wanted to work closely with people.

Please tell me that this personal statement is a joke...

Try Learn together, TSR's study area

180,399
essays

21,188
mindmaps

25,067
revision notes

11,638
quizzes

create
a study planner

thousands
of discussions

New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates