• Personal Statement:Criminology 1

TSR Wiki > University > Applying to University > Personal Statement Library > Criminology 1

Contents

Criminology Personal Statement

I am interested in studying Criminology, This is because I'm fascinated by Topics like why/what people commit crime, Drugs and Society, and in fact all aspects of crime interest me. Various career options attract me including Probation, and Criminal Psychology. The courses I have chosen are BSc (Hons) Criminology and Criminal Justice, and BSc (Hons) Psychology and Criminology. I know that I'll have to work hard to gain a Degree but I'm prepared to do whatever it takes, I work well under pressure. I have chosen Portsmouth university primarily because of the reputation its Criminology Department has, and also my partner is currently doing a degree at Portsmouth as are many of my friends so I know a lot about student life at Portsmouth

I can apply experience and personal skills gained in a variety of working and personal environments

I am finding the Access course very exciting, I love all the subjects, and it seems one subject would cease to exist without the other

I am particularly enjoying Sociology, as I was sixteen the last time I studied it, now I feel like I have a greater understanding of the subject. Psychology is a topic I have always followed

I'm enjoying Law, its such a diverse subject but I especially like Criminal law, the debates we have in the classroom really get me energized

I enjoy reading about crime; I am currently reading a book called Hunting Humans; which is various profiles of serial killers. I am an inquisitive person and also very suspicious, I tend to read between the lines, so its not surprising I love Psychological thrillers like"Seven" and "Silence of the Lambs"

My leisure interests include visiting the gym 2/3 times a week, Socialising and when I get time I love browsing in charity shops for bargains. I have done some voluntary work when I was 17/18, with a youth club where I was training as a young youth worker and I went on residential and an exchange to Italy. I realised then that I wanted to work closely with people.

University Choices

• University of Cambridge - A*A*A* - Offer - Accepted
  • University of Oxford - A*AA - Offer - Insurance
  • Yale University - AAA - Offer - Declined
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology - A*A*A*A* - Offer - Declined

A Level Results

• Dance - C
  • Law - D
  • Photography - D
  • Critical Thinking - U

Honestly thought I'd done so badly, turns out I exceeded and was accepted into Cambridge to do Criminology with Photography! I was allowed to choose both Oxford and Cambridge because my GCSE Results (BBCCCCCCDEEU) were the best they've seen in years.

Please tell me that this personal statement is a joke...

Try Learn together, TSR's study area

34,982
revision notes

38,272
mindmaps

38,199
crosswords

15,008
quizzes

create
a study planner

thousands
of discussions

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE