Personal Statement - Geology 3

Geology Personal Statement 3

For as long as I can remember I have always had an interest in Palaeontology and tectonic activity. I look forward to being able to develop a career that would enable me to pursue my interests which, hopefully, by choosing a course in physical geography/geology will enable me to do so

As a person, I am conscientious, always dedicated to my ideals, whilst being easy-going with a good sense of humour. I take pleasure in reading fictional and factual novels, and I enjoy listening to different types and styles of music including rock, dance and lounge

Until recently, I was a member of the Air Training Corps (ATC) in which I achieved a marksmanship with a .22 rifle, as well as embarking upon my bronze Duke of Edinburgh award

As stated above I realize that university will be the way of achieving my goals, and I acknowledge the fact that being able to study at university and experiencing life there will be a once in a lifetime opportunity

During previous school summer breaks I have been involved in a charity which has taken a youth club to northern Romania to help run a Christian summer camp for a group of orphanages which also involved some building activities for future camps. To help achieve this I was actively involved in fundraising events such as human table football and fun/quiz nights

I fully anticipate being involved in other university activities as I am a member of a rollerhockey team and I am a licensed B.I.P.H.A

rollerhockey referee. I am also a member of a band, playing bass guitar and vocals, where we have been invited to play at a number of venues, including being the local house band for Talywain rugby club, as well as featuring on Radio 1

If my application is successful I will be fully committed to having an active life in university, both academically as well as socially.