Personal Statement - Teaching 9

Teaching Personal Statement 9

From an early age my chosen profession has been teaching. My enthusiasm has been supported by my work experience placements at local first schools. Both these experiences taught me a lot, especially about the needs and characters of young children. On a daily basis I worked with those children who needed extra time and more individual assistance. Activities that I helped with ranged from listening to the children read to practical experiments with water and balloons! I also gained an insight into how to relate to, communicate with and understand young children. Most weekends involve me in babysitting for children ranging from 6 months to 12 years

I am currently studying for my A2 levels in Geography, English Literature and History. Above all, I thoroughly enjoy History, and in particular, my own personal case study which I am completing at present. I involve myself fully in all aspects of student life, and have gained in confidence during my years at Haydon Bridge. My AS studies were supported by the ASDAN Universities Award, which I gained in June after the completion of three extra-curricular challenges, which included learning to play the piano, learning to drive and working as a volunteer leader with a local Brownie group. Through the challenges, as well as keeping a detailed portfolio, I had to demonstrate Key Skills at Level 3 in 'Working with others', 'Problem Solving' and 'Improving own learning'. Currently I still work with the Brownies, which I thoroughly enjoy, and will soon qualify for the national Millennium Volunteers Award. I have also been awarded my Community Sports Leader Award. As part of this award I achieved a first aid qualification. I am now fully qualified to work safely with children of all ages participating in sporting activities

Outside of school my life is very occupied. I help on the family farm and have represented England in equestrian events, at a highly competitive level. For the past four years I have worked at a local hotel. Responsibilities there range from waitressing to reception work. These roles involve, using a computer, taking bookings, dealing with requests, problems, handling money and dealing with the public in general. I have developed good communication skills and I am confidently able to talk, as well as listen to people. Living in a rural location, I am an enthusiastic member of the local Young Farmers Club, and an active team player, participating in sporting events, quizzes, debating and public speaking competitions. After winning local debating competitions, I have represented the county at Stockport, in the National finals

I hope that my statement shows I am a dedicated student, as well as an active member of the community. I really enjoy working with children, and believe that the Primary School teacher plays a very important part in shaping the society of the future

I hope to achieve my ambition, to become a confident, resourceful, successful and dedicated teacher.