Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
  • Personal Statement Library

TSR Wiki > University > Applying to University > Personal Statements

Personal statement tips and examples
< Back to the section homepage

Tips on writing your personal statementPersonal statement builder toolPersonal statements by subject

Create your personal statement on The Student Room with tips and advice on how to stand out from the crowd. You can also read example statements in our library below.

Create your personal statement

Writing your personal statement

Your personal statement is a crucial part of your university application, and it can take plenty of work to get it just right.

The Student Room has stacks of tools and tips to help you create the perfect personal statement.

If you're just getting started, be sure to try our personal statement builder tool. It's a totally free tool that will walk you through the whole process of writing your personal statement. Once you've got a personal statement you're happy with, you can also choose to use our professional checking service.

Other brilliant personal statement resources on The Student Room:

Personal Statement Library

Our personal statement library is filled with hundreds of real personal statements, organised by subject and university.

Your personal statement should of course be an original and entirely unique piece of work, but checking what other people have written is really handy for inspiration.

You can also read through personal statements that have been reviewed by our experts - helpful for getting some pointers on what does (and doesn't) work in a personal statement.

Add your personal statement to the library

Do not upload your statement if you are still in the application process!

Type the name of the subject applied for:

If the name is already in use, add a number. e.g. "Biology 2".

Try Learn together, TSR's study area

177,219
essays

21,749
mindmaps

25,236
revision notes

11,683
quizzes

create
a study planner

thousands
of discussions

New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates