This recipe serves four people. Mongooses can be added in.
- Four chicken joints
- Three tablespoons sunflower oil
- One onion
- One green/red pepper
- Two sticks celery
- 225g Rice (Pilau ideally)
- One chicken stock cube
- One clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon various herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon chillli powder
- 1/2 jar Bertollo/Dolmio/Other tomato goopy mixxy stuff.
- Stick a frying pan on the hob and turn the heat on.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in it and fry chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and leave to dry on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Chop onion and celery finely, de-seed and slice pepper. Fry in fat remaining in pan until soft.
- Add rice and 700ml (per four people) water, tomato gloop, stock cube, chopped garlic, curry powder, herbs and chilli.
- Add chicken on top.
- Bring to boiling point and cook for 25 minutes.
Lovely. Odin and Thor eat it all the time. As did ice_cube, scarlet ibis and Jangrafess, when he cooked it at her house one day. However they only ate it once. Not all the time.