100 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
25 g (1 oz) unsweetened cocoa powder
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) baking powder
100 g (4 oz) butter or margarine
75 g (3 oz) brown sugar
50 g (2 oz) sugar
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla essence
175 g (6 oz) chocolate chips
75 g (3 oz) of whatever else you want to chuck in.
(E.g. walnuts, sprinkles etc.)
(Before starting it would be advisable to pre-heat the oven accordingly)
1. Sieve together the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
2. Beat together the butter or margarine and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
5. Drop the dough in heaped teaspoonfuls onto a baking tray. (Be careful not to put too much mixture on or else they will end up gigantic and stuck together!
6. Bake in the oven at 190°C (375°F) Gas 5. for about 10 minutes. (sometimes it needs more or a bit less depending on how warm the oven is already)
7. Cool for a minute then remove from baking tray and cool on a wire rack.
Serves about 30 small ones or 12 big ones :] enjoy