Escalope of Chicken
A nice and easy dish that looks great, and is great for impressing the parents or other half!
- 2 chicken breasts, boned, skinned & pounded thin
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Some plain flour
- 100g dry breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- 1 fresh ball of mozzarella
For the tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- Approx 200g cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Handful of fresh basil
For the potatoes
- 250g potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Preheat an oven to 200°C.
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Boil for 5 minutes, then drain well, and leave to one side.
- Slice the chicken breasts into butterflys. Powder them with a little plain flour.
- Beat the egg and milk together. Dip the chicken breasts in the mixture, them coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the chicken breasts with a little olive oil, giving them about two minutes on each side, then remove and place on a baking tray.
- Chop the garlic and shallot, and fry together on a medium heat until golden, then chop the the cherry tomatoes in half, and add them with the fresh and dried basil to the pan. Cook until the tomatoes are softened.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken breasts. Slice the mozzarella, and layer over the sauce. Cook in the oven for approximately eight minutes; until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is golden.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, add the diced potatoes, sprinkle the chilli powder over, and sauté until golden brown.