Serves 1 (just do more for more people).
- 1 large fresh chicken breast
- A fair amount of bechamel sauce (or use a jar of Dolmio White Sauce)
- Grated parmesan
- Cover the chicken in breadcrumbs
- Preheat grill
- Fry the chicken in a shallow pan in a tiny bit of oil til it's more or less cooked through
- Cover chicken in the bechamel sauce
- Cover chicken in the parmesan
- Grill until the cheese is melted
- Sprinkle a bit of black pepper
- Serve with salad and ludicrously thick chips.
This is a fabled dish from the North East which I have heard many a tale about it from mates who say they a magically available from just that one small area of the country in every kebab and pizza shop and are perfect for eating after a night out. Roger Kirk 19:49, 28 June 2007 (BST)
I have yet to witness one of these dishes in person but a few days ago I was granted the honour of viewing a photograph of one - yet more evidence to me that they do exist and are not simply a figment of certain people's imaginations... Roger Kirk 15:52, 24 January 2008 (GMT)
Latest update - I just happened to be looking through a pizza take-away menu tonight when I'm a little hungry and was thinking of ordering something when I spotted a section titled 'Chicken Parmesan' - a parmo!!!!!! I've never seen on for sale personally before. I cannot miss the opportunity to get one - with garlic mayo and extra mushrooms. It cots £6 but with chips and salad too. So here goes... Roger Kirk 20:34, 25 February 2008 (UTC)