White Bean Salad
Makes 3 servings
This is a very easy bean salad you can make the night before and take to work, or serve as a side dish
- 1 can white beans, like cannelini
- 1 tbsp red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp herb and spice blend
- Drain the canned beans and rinse well in a strainer.
- Make sure you've drained all the rinse water.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, whisking the oil and vinegar together first.
- Add the beans.
Experiment with different types of canned beans and different chopped vegetables to add.
- 240 calories
- 4 g total fat (1 g sat)
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 39 g carbohydrate
- 15 g protein
- 10 g fiber
- 100 mg sodium