Note: items in italics are only if necessary according to subject. Items in Miscellaneous are somewhat necessary, but that's for you to decide. And feel free to add other items too, but don't take out items because some people may find it useful.
Note: 6th form is just like normal school. You don't actually need any of these items, this is a list of what you "might" need in the two years of 6th form, which is why the list is so OTT.
- Pencil sharpener (or mechanical pencil)
- Little pair of scissors
- Calculator (this must be natural display if you're taking any mathematical subjects)
- Graphic calculator (for Further Maths)
- Folders (you won't necessarily need to bring all your folders to every lesson - when not needed for a subject, they can be kept at home or stored in your locker)
- Plastic pockets/wallets
- A pack of 30 colouring pencils (if you're studying geography)
- Black gel pen or nice Parker for exams (they glide so well across the paper - although it should be noted that, in many exams, gel pens are not allowed)
- Memory/USB Stick
- Laptop (to avoid illegible class notes etc.)
- A bag to put it all in
- Lined paper/Squared paper
- A black pen for exams. NOTE THAT EXAMS NOW HAVE TO BE IN BLACK BIRO, NOT BLUE, NOT GEL, NOT FOUNTAIN, ETC.(they can be in fountain for edexcel and OCR and AQA)
- and don't forget to bring your brain too!
- Canteen card (some schools use cards instead of money)
- Paracetamol/painkillers (this is a good idea as, for legal reasons, your school won't be able to administer these unless they have permission)
- Bottle of drink (and if you decide it should be alcoholic, we're not responsible for the resulting trouble)
- Chewing gum
- Student ID card/student discount card
- Sports kit
- A mobile phone to take to lessons just in case you feel bored.
- An MP3 player to drown the droning noise that is the teacher's voice.
- Car keys & respective car
- Packed lunch (if you don't intend to buy food every day)