Have you taken a gap year and done something amazing with it? Have you travelled somewhere interesting or unusual? Perhaps you've simply had a brilliant holiday that you want to tell everyone about.
Whatever your trip - we want to hear about it. We've built a brand-new section of The Student Room called Your Adventures, and we're inviting you, the TSR community, to fill it up with all your amazing travel experiences.
Even better - there's a fantastic prize up for grabs for one lucky winner. Nikon has very kindly supplied us with a Nikon 1 J3 camera (worth £579.99) that will be given to the person who writes the most interesting and readable travel piece and publishes it within the Your Adventures section of the wiki.
Anyone can publish a wiki article on The Student Room - you just need to be logged in to your free account. Don't already have an account? No worries - you can sign up here. The closing date is Thursday 30 May 2013 - we'll be picking a winner shortly after that.
If you need a hand creating a wiki page, you can head over to the travel wiki help page. There's also a template to get you started here. For any other wiki questions, check out our general wiki editing help page or join the discussion on the Travel forum.
There's just one golden rule - you need to make sure your article appears in the Your Adventures section to be eligible for the prize. So make sure you include the tag [[Category:Your Adventures]] - and get writing!
Terms and conditions
- The winner will be the person who, in the opinion of the TSR judges, has written the most interesting and readable account of their travels and published it within the Your Adventures section of The Student Room.
- The prize is a Nikon 1 J3 camera. There is no cash alternative.
- The winner will be required to supply their name and address in order to receive their prize.
- The Student Room does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to internet problems. Entrants must comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- The competition is not open to employees of The Student Room or Nikon, or those employees' immediate families.
- This competition is a game promoted by The Student Room. The Student Room’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Articles must be uploaded to the Your Adventures section of The Student Room (including the [[Category:Your Adventures]] tag) before Friday 31 May 2013 in order to be eligible for this competition.
- The Student Room reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, as well as if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.