Are you tempted by those yummy looking slices in coffee shops but can’t justify another couple of quid? Then why not make a whole slab of the stuff for about a fiver. Plenty for the whole week or to share with flat mates!
plain chocolate (300g)
golden syrup (30g)
digestive biscuits (150g)
handful of sultanas
handful of desiccated coconut
handful of mini white marshmallows
crack the chocolate into pieces and stick in a heat-proof bowl with the butter and syrup.
melt this over a pan of simmering water until smooth and glossy.
crumble the biscuits into small pieces and stir into the dried fruit, coconut and marshmallows.
pour all of these into the melted chocolate mixture and stir to combine and coat.
line a rectangular cake tin with cling film.
transfer the rocky road to the lined tin and leave to set up in the fridge for a couple of hours.
tip out onto a board and cut into chunky squares.
makes 20 chunky pieces
Find this receipe on Sorted (external link)
- ForumsForums by section
Popular university forums
- Life and style
- Debate and current affairs
- Study help
- University help and courses
- Universities and HE colleges
- Careers and jobs
- GCSEGCSE home and forumsSubjects A-H
- A-levelA-level home and forumsSubjects A-G
- Exam results
Study level forums
- Applying to uniHomepage and forumsGuides and toolsPersonal statement
- UniversityUni home and forums
- Careers & jobsCareers home and forumsIndustry forumsMore industry forums
- Relationships & healthTalk health & lifestyle
- Student finance
- News & entertainmentNews forumsFind more discussion in Debate & Current Affairs »