Atkins sponsored profile
Join Atkins and you’re joining a team that helps make a real difference to the world. Our projects enrich lives, whether that's moving people across London faster on Crossrail or solving the energy challenges of the future.
We’re looking for talented engineering graduates – civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, chemical, aerospace and aeronautical, systems and communications – as well as IT, physics, geography and maths graduates.
We also have some fantastic apprenticeships for school-leavers and we offer internships and industrial placements for undergraduates.
It's your future, so you’ll be responsible for driving your own career development in your own way. But Atkins will give you plenty of support along the way, to help you realise your full potential. Our flexible framework puts you in control of achieving your goals – whether you want to gain professional accreditation or simply build the skills you need for a successful long-term career.
There's plenty of variety within Atkins too. Our projects take in aerospace, defence, design and engineering, energy, security and technology, transportation, the built environment, water, ground and environment. Not forgetting Faithful+Gould, our worldwide integrated project and programme management consultancy, which has tackled high-profile projects including the World Trade Center site and the Japanese Earthquake Response programme for EDF.
At a glance
What you need to know about Atkins
We're one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. As a result, we’re well-placed to invest in your development and support you in becoming an expert in whatever inspires you most.
• 18,462 employees worldwide (31 March 2015)
• Revenue: £1.76 billion (31 March 2015)
• Established 1938
• Chief executive officer: Prof Dr Uwe Krueger.
• The world's 15th largest global design firm (ENR 2014)
• The 20th largest international design firm (ENR 2014)
• Third largest engineering and architectural consultancy in Europe (Svenska Teknik & Designföretagen Sector Review 2013)
• One of the top ten firms in the Middle East and the United States (ENR 2014)
• UK's third largest engineering consultancy (NCE Consultants File 2014)
- ForumsForums by section
Popular university forums
- Life and style
- Debate and current affairs
- Study help
- University help and courses
- Universities and HE colleges
- Careers and jobs
- GCSEGCSE home and forumsSubjects A-H
- A-levelA-level home and forumsSubjects A-G
- Applying to uniHomepage and forumsGuides and toolsPersonal statement
- UniversityUni home and forums
- Careers & jobsCareers home and forumsIndustry forumsMore industry forums
- Relationships & healthTalk health & lifestyle
- Student finance
- News & entertainmentNews forumsFind more discussion in Debate & Current Affairs »