If you are interested in a career leading to managing all aspects of a successful restaurant, including a team of around 80 employees, then the Trainee Manager programme would be a great first step. Open to graduates, or those with experience of working in a customer facing environment and managing teams – this role is restaurant based and does involve changeable shift patterns including working weekends and bank holidays. Trainee Managers start by undertaking an intensive training period to learn all the basics, including working in this training can take up to six months.
What are the benefits of our Trainee Manager Scheme?
- Starting salary of between £21,000 - £24,000
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Six weeks holiday per annum
- Annual performance-related pay review
- Life assurance cover
- Optional contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare for you, your spouse and any dependent children up to 21 years of age, after six months' service
- Company car or cash alternative after six months as a Business Manager
- A paid sabbatical leave of eight weeks for every 10 years of service
- Employee discounts and savings from over 1,600 retailers
- Childcare vouchers
- Meal Allowance
After successfully completing the training period, Trainee Managers are promoted to 2nd Assistant Managers and become part of the core restaurant management team. Opportunities for promotion include progressing to 1st Assistant Manager then to Business Manager.
What skills do I need?
Most importantly, you need to have a passion for working in a customer facing environment and inspiring a team to achieve great results.
Find out more about the McDonald's Trainee Manager Scheme.