1. what is the general formula for an amino acid?
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. which groups in the amino acid act as an acid and a base and why?
- NH2 acts as an acid -proton acceptor. COOH acts as a base -proton donator.
- NH2 acts as a base-proton acceptor. COOH acts as an acid-proton donator.
- NH2 acts as a base-proton donator. COOH acts as an acid-proton acceptor.
3. what effect does PH have on an amino acid?
- it changes the NH2 to NH3 or COOH to COO-
- it changes the NH2 to NH or COOH to C(OH)2
- it changes the NH2 to NH4 or COOH to COO-
4. what is an isoelectric point?
- the point where an amino acid acts as a base
- the point where an amino acid acts as both an acid and a base
- the point where an amino acid acts as an acid
5. what happens if the PH is more acidic than the amino acids isoelectric point?
- an NH3 group is formed
- a COO- group is formed