1. s.54(4) CJA 2009 tells us that a D cannot rely on loss of control if there is...?
- A considered desire for revenge
- The presence of intoxication
- A separate criminal act
- A planned course of action
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Loss of control is set out under which section of the Coroners and Justice Act 2009?
3. What is the maximum custodial sentence for voluntary manslaughter?
- 25 years
- Discretionary life sentence
- 50 years
- Mandatory life sentence
4. For the special defence of diminished responsibility, the defendant must prove that they were suffering from an abnormality of...?
- Mental functioning
- The mind
- Mental processing
- Brain functioning
5. What is the actus reus for unlawful act manslaughter?
- A dangerous act which causes death
- Death caused by an unlawful act
- A dangerous, unlawful act which causes death
- An unlawful act which causes death
Similar Law resources: