1. What did the case of Bratty outline?
- Difference between automatism and intoxication
- Distinction between insanity and automatism
- Difference of automatism and diminished responsibility
- Distinction between insanity and Loss of control
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these are external causes?
- Disease of the mind
- Blow to head, bee sting, hypnosis
- Drug or Alcohol induced
- Injury or disease caused the mental illness
3. In which case did the defendant attack a patient after being hypoglycaemic from an overdose of insulin?
- R v Hardy - Automatism
- Quick - self induced
- Quick - Automatism
- Kemp - Insanity
4. Which case outlines Recklessness in Automatism?
- James v Dorkings - Had not taken enough insulin and this had caused him to hit a lady - not an external factor
- R v Hardy - Took some out of date valium and set alight a wardrobe - Lead to unpredictable behaviour
- R v Kemp - Was given some drugs believing them to be paracetamol, caused her to hit her husband - Involuntary
5. Which case outlined that there must be a total lack of awareness?
- Attorney generals reference No.3 of 1992
- Attorney generals reference No.2 of 1992
Similar Law resources: