1. Why would contradiciting schema i.e. female mechanic, not be noticed by young children
- Children only use gender schemas to deal with certain situations
- Gender schema's are rigid and will only pay attention to things that are consistent
- Gender schemas are only based on observation of peers don't understand that level of information yet
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What would children look at the create this gender schema
- Peers and their behaviours
- role models and their enviroment
- Role models only
3. Campbell and Poulin Dubois et al's studies both support eachother, why?
- Gender effects how the child processes the Gender schema
- Children pay attention to same sex stereotyping much earlier
- Children don't see gender until 5
4. Who found that under the age of 4 children show no signs of gender constancy, but have strong gender stereotypes?
- Martin & Little (1990)
- Lyotard et al (1998)
- Wilks and James (2003)
5. What problem does this theory address that Kohlbergs theory misses?
- That sex-typed behaviour is there before the understanding of gender constancy
- That sex-types behaviour does not occur until at least 7
- That children do not go through every stage
Similar Psychology resources: