1. In 'Long Distance' the last 4 lines demonstrate that the poet can relate to his father and gives the poem symmetry.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. The themes in the poem 'The Sick Equation' are...
- Family and Relationships
3. 'I Shall Return' is written as a sonnet in iambicpentameter.
4. 'Blackberrying' was written by Sylvia Plath when she was suffering from depression and mental illness, which is why this poem is quite dark and sinister.
5. Why does Seamus Heaney in 'Churning Day' use the verb 'dance' (line 19) to describe the first signs of butter forming?
- To make the process seem dainty and dynamic
- because he liked the sound of it in the poem
- because the butter did actually dance