1. What is an Exothermic reaction?
- A reaction where gas is given off
- A reaction where heat energy is given out
- A reaction where heat energy is taken in
- A reaction where the reactants are used up
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does a catalyst increase the rate of reaction?
- Increases the energy of the reaction
- Lowers the activation energy
- Pushes the particles closer together
- Makes the particles move faster
3. Which of the following statements about collisions is correct?
- Collisions only happen if there is heat
- Reactions can happen if the colliding particles have enough energy
- Only fast-moving particles collide with each other
- All colliding particles have the same amount of energy
4. What is the minimum amount of energy required for a reaction called?
- Reactor energy
- Catalyst energy
- Activation Energy
- Minimum energy
5. What happens when the surface area of a solid is increased?
- The reaction expands
- The rate of reaction increases
- No change
- The rate of reaction decreases