1. In the modern periodic table there are about 100 hundred known elements and it shows the elements in order of atomic number
- False there are 110 elements exactly in the periodic table and the atomic umber decreases
- There are 145 elements in the periodic and the atomic number increases.
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is an element made up of?
- An element is made up of just one type of atom
- Protons, nucleus, neutrons and electrons.
- nucleus and cytoplasm
3. Name a popular set of isotopes
- potassium permanganate 6 potassium permanganate 8
- carbon 12 and Carbon 14
- nitrogen 2 and nitrogen 3
4. Define relative abundance
- A type of element measured using mm or ml
- Relative abundance just means how much there is of each isotope compared to the total amount of the element in the world.
- The relative atomic mass plus the mass number
5. TRUE/ FALSE/partially - Before mendeleev's discovery scientists had no idea about the structure of atoms, but they could measure the relative atomic mass of each element.
- was false but then it became true
- not sure