1. Define Water
- Water is a solvent and mnay compounds can dissolve in it
- Water is a solid
- Water is not a solvent
- Water is a liquid and many compounds cannot dissolve in it
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What determines whether whether it is hard or soft?
- The solubility
- The colour
- The amount of compounds present in the water
- The type of compounds present in the water
- The temperature
3. Most hard water contains what?
- Citric Acid
- Calcium or magnesium compounds
4. What do calcium and magnesium compounds do?
- Change the colour of the water
- dissolve in natural water that flows over ground or rocks containing compounds of these elements
- dissolve in water which flows in the sea
5. Soft water does not contain many dissolved compounds