1. What, according to Huntington is a wave of democratization?
- a group of transitions from nondemocratic to democratic regimes that occur within a period of time that significantly outnumber transitions in the opposite direction during that period of time
- a period in which democracy is consolidated across the majority of democratic regimes
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says that if Linz' focus had been post-colonial Africa and Asia, parliamentary systems would be the the institutional demon?
3. Who suggests that semi-pres supports democratic survival by virtue of its flexibility?
- Shugart and Carey
- Moe and Caldwell
- Pasquino and Sartori
- Skach and Shugart
4. Which of the following is not a criticism of Linz made by Horowitz?
- his argument rests on a mechanistic 'caricatured' view of the presidency
- latin america's legacy of military dictatorships isn't accounted for
- his data is based on a regionally skewed and highly selective sample
5. Who says that natural resources and womens' role in Muslim societies are the main obstacles to democratization there?