1. What, according to Huntington is a wave of democratization?
- a group of transitions from nondemocratic to democratic regimes that occur within a period of time that significantly outnumber transitions in the opposite direction during that period of time
- a period in which democracy is consolidated across the majority of democratic regimes
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who suggests that semi-pres supports democratic survival by virtue of its flexibility?
- Pasquino and Sartori
- Moe and Caldwell
- Skach and Shugart
- Shugart and Carey
3. Which pair distinguish between the 'rulers and the ruled' and the 'rich and the poor' in explaining the first wave of democratization?
- Stone and Bone
- Box and Stick
- Boix and Stokes
- Beux and Stikes
4. Who said that for 3rd wave democracies, 'the problem is not overthrow but erosion: the intermittent or gradual weakening of democracy by those elected to it'?
5. Who distinguishes between democratic survival due to consolidation and democratic survival due to favourable circumstances? (disease analogy)