1. How many wars have been fought between non-democracies and non-democracies between 1816 and 1991?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a feature that epitomizes Westminster democracy according to Horowitz, that Linz' real problem is with?
- adversary democracy with its sharp divide between winners and losers
- executive responsible to the legislature and vice versa
- plurality elections that produce majorities
3. How many semi-presidential states were there in 1946?
4. Why is Linz' example of Allende's exacerbation of social conflict in Chile undermined?
- presidents before Allende 'actually bolstered centrist, moderating tendencies'
- it is presented in a partisan way
5. Who says that semi-pres is 'a regime type whose time has come'?