1. what are hedges?
- words used to soften or weaken the force by which something is said
- an ommission of grammatical structure
- a plant in the garden
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what did Deborah Tannen study?
- english in general
- language and gender
3. what are paralinguistic features?
- use of body language
- sign language
- your mum in a box
4. what are semantics?
- great another pointless question
- the study of meaning in language
- scientific term
5. what is context?
- aspects of a situation that influence speech used
- unwanted advertisements
- what do you think?