1. click on 5 of good examples of carbohydrates
- Sugary drinks, soft fruit juices, dried fruits, peanut butter
- Pastries, dough, pies, cookies, sugary breakfast cereals
- Rice, Potatoes, Oats, Pasta, Bread
- pancakes, crisps, chips cooked in oil, cakes, polenta
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. Free sugars are...
- Taken out of foods e.g dread fruit
- sweets and chocolate
- added to foods and drinks by manufacturers and are found naturally in honey, syrups and fruit juice
- Sugar on top of or in foods
3. What is a balanced diet
- A healthy balanced diet is only having small meals of high vegetables and salad
- A healthy balanced diet is not eating any chocolate or sweets or anything fatty
- A healthy balanced diet provides the correct combination of food and nutrients for growth and maintaining good health.
- A healthy balanced diet is eating everything organic and no artificial sweeteners or colours
4. what counts towards your five a day?
- fruit and nut chocolate
- canned soups, fruit juices/smoothies, stews
- fruit winders
- breakfast bars with a fruit puree or jam
5. Balanced diet is...
- A diet that provides lots of nutrients and energy
- A diet that provides lots of food
- A diet that provides adequate amounts of nutrients and energy
- A diet that limits food intake
Similar Design & Technology: Food Technology resources: