1. Complete the quote from Walton's second letter; 'I bitterly feel the want of a...'
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who is punished for William's death?
- The monster
3. Fill in the gaps from the start of Chapter 7: 'During the whole of this________ mockery of justice. I suffered________torture.'
- 'sorrowful' and 'deathly'
- 'wretched' and 'living'
- 'pitiful' and 'immense'
- 'useless' and 'undeniable'
4. How does Victor describe Elizabeth when he meets her for the first time?
- 'playful as a summer insect'
- 'the most beautiful creature in the entire world'
- 'confined to a life, so far, full of the greatest misery'
5. How does Walton describe Victor in his 4th letter?
- 'a man controlled by the greatest need for revenge'
- 'a man on the brink of destruction'
- 'a man who could speak no words'
- 'a man unable to communicate anything of substance'