1. Fill in the gaps from the start of Chapter 7: 'During the whole of this________ mockery of justice. I suffered________torture.'
- 'wretched' and 'living'
- 'useless' and 'undeniable'
- 'pitiful' and 'immense'
- 'sorrowful' and 'deathly'
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. In Chapter 4, how is the Monster described by Victor?
- 'the hue of death befell his creation'
- 'his mouth smirked with deathly defiance'
- 'shrivelled complexion, and straight black lips'
- 'dismal being'
3. Complete the quote from Walton's second letter; 'I bitterly feel the want of a...'
4. Who is Walton writing to in his letters at the start of the novel?
5. What are the names of the two professors Victor meets at Inglostadt?
- M. Saville and M. Clerval
- M. Krempe and M. Waldman
- M. Krux and M. Alphonse
- M. Lavenza and M. De Lacy