1. In Chapter 6 Victor says 'A flash of lightning illuminated the object'. What is the object he is referring to?
- The Monster
- One of the books Victor had studied at Ingolstadt
- The necklace Elizabeth had given William to wear the day he was murdered.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who is punished for William's death?
- The monster
3. Complete the quote from Walton's second letter; 'I bitterly feel the want of a...'
4. How does Victor describe Elizabeth when he returns from Ingolstadt?
- 'she expressed the greatest anguish'
- 'her countenance conveyed a glimpse of the tears she had shed not long before my arrival'
- 'a great frankness of disposition'
- 'the shadow of a mother so long taken from us'
5. In Chapter 4, how is the Monster described by Victor?
- 'his mouth smirked with deathly defiance'
- 'shrivelled complexion, and straight black lips'
- 'the hue of death befell his creation'
- 'dismal being'