1. when an alkane has a side chains you:
- put them in alphabetical order (2-butane-ethane)
- add yl to the main stem of the alkane (eg. 2-pentylane)
- add a side chain prefix ending with yl (eg. 2-methyl-pentane)
- add yl first (eg. 2yl-pentane)
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Chlorine as a prexix is...
3. What is a haloalkanes
- An alkane where one or more hydrogen has been replaced with a halogen
- a halogen bonded to a carbon atom
- a hallucinogenic drug conmined with hydrocarbons to make it cheaper
- a multiple short chain unbranched hydrocarbons bonded together through carbon-carbon bonds
4. Fluorine as a prefix is...
5. so what are halogens?
- Group 7 elements
- highly reactive transistion metals
- group 8 or 0 elements
- elements in the lanthanides group