1. What year did Henry VIII come to the throne in?
1 of 29
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why was a marriage dispensation needed for Henry VIII's marriage to Catherine of Aragon?
- Henry VIII was much younger than her.
- She had previously married Henry VIIIs father, Henry VII.
- They were distant cousins.
- She had previously married Henrys brother.
- She was Spanish and he was English.
3. What was Henry VIII's FATHER, Henry VII's stance on foreign policy?
- England did not have large resources and so he focused on alliances and marriage treaties.
- He encouraged conflict because England needed more land.
- He wanted the glory of winning land and so engaged in many battles.
4. What was Henry VIII's main goal when he gained the throne?
- Have lots of parties.
- Re-assert his claim to the throne of France.
- Ensure his marriage with Catherine of Aragon.
- Ensure his marriage with Anne Boleyn.
- Attempt a peace treaty with France.
5. Why was Henry VIII keen to rid himself of his father's ministers?
- He suspected them of being involved in treasonous plots to kill Catherine.
- They represented his fathers old ways, which he wanted to move away from.
- They were too expensive to keep.