1. Which of the following would have been available to prehistoric surgeons?
- Blood transfusions
- Good intentions
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Archaeological evidence of trephining in prehistoric times...
- Proves that prehistoric people performed brain surgery
- Suggests that prehistoric surgeons tried to remove evil spirits
- Shows that prehistoric surgeons tried to cure epilepsy
3. Which of the following is not true?
- Prehistoric people could not mend broken bones well
- Australian Aborigines in recent times could mend broken bones well.
- Australian Aborigines in recent times could stitch up wounds.
4. Which of these statements is incorrect?
- Prehistoric peoples believed that illness occurred when a person's spirit was lost or stolen.
- Modern Aborigines believed that illness occurred when a person's spirit was lost or stolen.
- Prehistoric people’s beliefs about the cause of illness are unknown.
5. Who delivered medical services in prehistoric times, as far as we know?
- Tribal chiefs