1. What is meant by the 'frequency of a wave'?
- The number of waves produced, or that pass a particular point, in one second
- The maximum disturbance caused by the wave
- The distance between two corresponding points on two successive disturbances
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name the useful energies produced by a television.
- Electrical energy
- Light and sound
- Heat energy
3. Name two electromagnetic waves with a shorter wavelength than visible light.
- Ultra violet/x-rays/gamma rays
- Infrared rays
- Radio waves
4. State the condition needed for maximum diffraction.
- When the gap is the same width as the wavelength of the wave passing through it
- As waves pass through a gap or an opening, the edges spread out
5. Other than heating food, state two uses of microwaves.
- Satellite communication, mobile phones and radar
- Heating food