1. Why is it difficult to prove what prehistoric people thought caused illness?
- No written evidence exists so we cannot be sure exactly what prehistoric people thought about the cause or treatment of illness.
- they all had different views
- they didn't believe in illness
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the problem with evidence to do with surgery?
- Although evidence of trephining exists, we cannot be sure why it was used.
- the doctors notes are in a language we cannot understand
- the cave paintings have been destroyed over time
3. What is the problem with evidence to do with medicine?
- Cave paintings appear to show 'medicine men' but do not prove that they or their practices actually existed.
- the cave paintings are blurry
- the medical books are hard to understand
4. What type of evidence tells us about disease?
- Skeletons - show that people suffered from some of the same diseases people suffer from today e.g. bone cancer.
- cave paintings
5. What is the name given to prehistoric people?
- nomads - they didn't settle, they were hunter gatherers and only had primitive technology.