1. What did Rowe suggest about evil being a greater good?
- Not all evil is for greater good, God could have stopped intense suffering. Therefore he doesnt exist
- God has an external view of the world and therefore knows the final outcome which is good
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In the Augustinian theodicy who is to blame for evil?
- Adam and Eve
- No one
- Humans (me and you)
3. In Aquinas' Summa Theologica he suggested what ?
- Gods existence is greater than evil so you cannot compare the two
- Gods existence in the face of evil is logically impossible
- God can exist with evil as he is infinite goodness
4. What does Calvin argue?
- God gave us free will yet interferes and causes suffering
- Our actions are determined and predestined by God.Adam still committed sin regardless if it was predetermined or not.
- All evil was caused by God
5. What does Augustines Aesthetic Argument suggest?
- God is testing our genuine love for him
- It reminds us of Gods grace. Through Jesus resurrection it shows God is merciful as well as just
- God tests us as we either go to heaven or hell