1. What type of memory is this? Our memory for carrying out complex skills
- semantic memory
- procedural memory
- episodic memory
- sensory memory
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which memory store can hold information received from the senses for a very short period of time?
- long term
- short term
3. What was the aim of Bartlett's 'war of the ghosts' study?
- to see if people will remeber a familiar story and make changes to it
- to see if people when given an unfamiliar story to remember would alter the information so that it makes more sense to them
- to see if change to a story is made
- to see how much of a medium length story people remember
4. What is reconstructive memory?
- already remembering the memory
- recreating the order of events of how something happened
- changing our memories to fit in with what we already know even though we remember exactly what happened
- creating new memories
5. What is encoding?
- holding information in the memory system
- collecting information from different memory stores
- taking information and changing it into a form that can be stored
- bringing back memory from storage
Similar Psychology resources: