1. Which is a definition of stress?
- A form of agitation caused by a stimulus.
- A state of psychological tension caused by a stressor
- A state of philosophical tension caused by a stress maker.
1 of 37
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is not an example of how the body responds to stress?
- Hearing Voices
- Adrenaline released
- Heart rate increased
- Raised blood pressure
3. What was the Social Readjustment Rating Scale?
- A list of 'common life events' created by Holmes and Rahe. It Included 43 different events with varying LCU's (life changing units)
- A Questionnaire system produced by Delongis to identify how frustrating a person's year was.
- A scale used to measure how long it takes a person to identify and conform with social norms.
- A method of predicting the amplitude of heart disease in stressed people.
4. What type of study was Rahe et al's into LCU score and illness.
5. How many participants did Rahe use?
- 2500 Navy Seamen
- 9000 NYU Students
- 550 Army soldiers
Similar Psychology resources: