1. Recordings of brain activity whilst in a state of hypnosis, has found that hypnosis is NOT similar to what?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. When participants are under hypnosis, name one behaviour that will occur?
- Prone to suggestivness
- High attentiveness
3. Who created the neo-dissociation theory, which supports the state theory for hypnosis?
4. What does the state explanation mean in terms of hypnosis?
- When in hypnosis participants have an altered state of consciouness
- The state of hypnosis alters the participants behaviour but not their consciouness
5. According to the non-state theory for hypnosis how does hypnosis affect the participants behaviour?
- "Ooo, I'm being hypnotised and i'm must be sleepy" - compliance
- "I feel very tired, I wonder why that is"- unknowing being or has been hypnotised