1. The last version of Rag Desh is performed by Steve Gorn and Benjy Wertheimer. They are _________ musicians.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The instruments used in Gorn and Wertheimer's version of Rag Desh are quite different to the original. They use a ________: a bamboo flute with holes instead of keys.
3. Performances of a rag are usually in 3 parts, progressing from slow to fast tempo. These sections are (in this order):
- Jhalla, Alap, Gat.
- Alap, Gat, Jhalla.
- Section 1, Section 2, Section 3.
- Jhalla, Gat, Alap.
4. The rhythmic pattern played underneath is based on a tal. What is a tal?
- A cycle of beats repeated and improvised during the piece.
- An ostinato of beats
- A repeated motif of beats
- Lots of random patterns of beats
5. This version only has two sections. The Alap and the: