1. What did John Adams say the House needed to be?
- 'a portrait of the people at large in minature'
- 'a reflection of the American people'
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a reason why more than 50% of people identify with a party in the US?
- politically informed
- entrenched two party system
- requirement to register
- ability to vote for a party in a wide range of offices
3. What is measured by the Alford Index?
- % of working class voting for the left - % of middle class voting for the left
- % of people voting - % of people voting for the left
4. How many percent higher is turnout in countries with PR systems?
5. Which of the following is not a factor in increasing dealignment?
- TV dominant medium
- growing economy
- rising education
- disillusionment with party politics
- convergence of party policies
- decay of social cleavages