1. Which of the following is not a factor in increasing dealignment?
- rising education
- TV dominant medium
- disillusionment with party politics
- growing economy
- decay of social cleavages
- convergence of party policies
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Swers say about women in Congress?
- 'presence is only the first step'
- 'impact requires more than presence'
3. What did John Adams say the House needed to be?
- 'a portrait of the people at large in minature'
- 'a reflection of the American people'
4. How many percent higher is turnout in countries with PR systems?
5. Which of the following is not a reason why more than 50% of people identify with a party in the US?
- ability to vote for a party in a wide range of offices
- politically informed
- requirement to register
- entrenched two party system