1. What is measured by the Alford Index?
- % of working class voting for the left - % of middle class voting for the left
- % of people voting - % of people voting for the left
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a factor in increasing dealignment?
- TV dominant medium
- rising education
- growing economy
- disillusionment with party politics
- decay of social cleavages
- convergence of party policies
3. What does Swers say about women in Congress?
- 'presence is only the first step'
- 'impact requires more than presence'
4. Who argues that religion has a greater impact on party choice than class in the USA?
5. What is the likelihood of a churchgoer voting Republican?
- 2 to 1
- 3 to 1