1. What is normative social influence?
- Conformity to gain knowledge
- Conformity due to the desire to be accepted in to a group
- Conformity due to imagined group pressures
- Conformity due to avoid embarrassing situations associated with a minority
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many participants in Asch's study?
- 123 American, white undergraduates
- 24 American, white undergraduates
- 123 uneducated males
3. What is identification?
- The middle tier of conformity, temporary change in behaviour and beliefs in the presence of a group. Caused by NSI and ISI
- Caused by ISI and NSI
4. What were the causes of conformity?
- group size, majority influence, task difficulty
- Group size, task difficulty and unanimity
- unanimity, minority influence, task difficulty
5. Who investigated conformity and majority influence?
- Peterson and Peterson