1. What are the four key features Sugarman argues are barriers to educational achievement
- Fatalism, Collectivism, Immediate Gratification, Present-time orientation
- Immediate Gratification, Vale Consensus, Subculture, Fatalism
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which sociologist perceives cultural deprivation as a myth as they see it as ' victim blaming '
- Barry Sugarman
- Nell Keddie
- Joe Blandon
3. What is 'immediate gratification' ?
- seeking pleasure now rather than making sacrifices in order to get rewards in future
- making sacrifices now for greater rewards later
- a mathematical equation used by sociologists to calculate levels of inequality
4. What is 'Fatalism' ?
- a belief in fate
- when you are put in a life threatening position
- a disbelief in fate
5. What is 'Collectivism' ?
- valuing being part of a group more than succeeding as an individual
- an individual should not be held back by group loyalties
Similar Sociology resources: