1. Murdock argues that the family needs to meet its members' economic needs, reproduction of the next generation, socialisation of the young & stable satisfaction of the sex drive to meet the members of society & its members
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. one criticism of functionalists
- it ignores the 'dark side' of the family
- critical of family life
- mentions fuctions the family perform
- stating that family help society
- family is functional for all members
3. why do functionalists favour the nuclear family?
- because it benefits everyone
- women can't handle a family of their own
- children have a male and a female role model
- children will turn to crime
- nuclear family benefits capatalism
4. what is the 'warm bath theory'?
- family soaks away the tension
- men are always tense
- taking a bath to relax
- women are always tense
- family add to the tension
5. what families did Parsons use in his Research?