1. What are the two types of LTM?
- Explicit memory (factual knowledge + personal exp.) and Implicit memory (Long term memories of conditioned responses+learned skills
- Explicit memory (Long term memories of conditioned responses and learned skills), Implicit memory (factual knowledge and personal experiences)
- Semantic memory (impersonal facts and everyday knowledge), Episodic memory (Personal experiences linked with specific times and places)
- Episodic memory (impersonal facts and everyday knowledge), Semantic memory (Personal experiences linked with specific times and places)
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the digit span of STM?
- 5 digits
- 7+-2 digits
- 9 digits
- It has no digit span
3. Which tasks did amnesiac pps perform best at?
- Free recall tasks
- Implicit memory tasks, at a similar level to the controls
- Explicit memory tasks
4. What happens easily to memories in STM (MSM model)
- They are sensitive to interruption and displacement due to limited capacity, attention needed.
- They are easily transferred to LTM with attention
- They are easily rehearsed
- They are easily moveable from sensory to LT memory
5. Which of these is a major reason for forgetting memories in LTM?
- Similar co-occuring information
- Retrieval failure
- Lack of attention
- Overload of information due to large capacity