1. What were the economic impacts of Terror?
- Managers lied about productipn levels so their factories could gain more employees
- Peasants had to pay triple taxes for a year
- Corruption and falsification production levels as managers fear failure to meet targets and a loss of skilled labour due to targeting of the intelligentsia
- The economy began to improve as many targets were met
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who took over as head of the NKVD after vagoda?
3. What were the results of the Purges?
- Social control but a lack of political control
- Booming economy, decimation of the people, political control
- Lacklustre economy, decimation of the armed forces and social and political control of society
- Decimation of the armed forces and people as well as mass famine
4. What were the main causes of the purges?
- The Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and Stalin's death
- Kirov's death and the peasant revolts
- Stalin's personality, the Ryutin platform, the Congress of Victors and the murder of Kirov
- Stalin's personality, the Congress of Victors and Ryutin's death
5. What were the benefits to Stalin of Kirov's death?
- He had a pretext to purge anyone in the Party who agreed with his ideas
- He could get rid of Yagoda
- He had a pretext to purge anyone in the Party that he felt might be a threat and and opportunity to ensure the population was under his control
- He could kill everyone in the Party and rule completely alone