1. Advantages of off-the-job training
- Experts can be used
- Travel costs can make it expensive
- While being trained the employee is not productive
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. A disadvantage of in-house training is .....
- An employee may not be good at demonstrating or explaining to a new recruit
- New employee gets to meet colleagues and settles quickly
- Training can include all the skills needed and 'how it is done here'
3. A method of in-house training is ...
- Being shown by experienced colleagues
- Being on day release to attend college
- Working with staff from other businesses
4. An advantage of in-house training is. .....
- Cheap - no travel costs
- Trainers can teach bad habits
- Takes trainers away from their normal job
5. A method of external training is .....
- Working with new machinery or equipment
- Day release from work to attend college
- Working at a slower pace until necessary skills are learnt