1. When did Darwin write his Origins of Species?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is an example of one of the earliest-found hominins?
- Australopithecus afarensis (East Africa)
- Sahelanthropus tchadensis (Sahara)
- Ardipithecus ramidus (various parts of Africa)
3. When is prehistory roughly thought to have begun?
- 6-7 million years ago.
- 7-8 million years ago.
- 20-30 million years ago.
4. What is the first written language discovered?
- Mycenaean Greek.
5. Why is the term "prehistory" problematic?
- Radioarbon dating only goes as far back as 40,000 years.
- Different countries developed writing at different points in their history.
- It's too far back to know what really happened.