1. The Natufian culture (~11,000-8,000BC) shows recurring plastered human skulls in this limited time period. What is this an example of?
- A culture.
- An assemblage.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is an example of one of the earliest-found hominins?
- Sahelanthropus tchadensis (Sahara)
- Ardipithecus ramidus (various parts of Africa)
- Australopithecus afarensis (East Africa)
3. What is an archaeological culture?
- The social stratification of a culture.
- When an organism grows on a find; we can examine this to tell us about what they ate at the site when it was occupied.
- Groupings of peoples, here in prehistoric times.
- How refined a group of peoples were.
4. Which of these is an example of naming a culture after where it is from?
- All of the above.
5. A frequently occurring assemblage is indicative of a culture. True or false?